A plate charger is a tabletop accessory that is used as part of the place setting. Think of it as an elegant tray that is placed under the dinner plate for style rather than function. Sized slightly larger, the finish or colon of the charger plate frames the dinnerware and enhances the table setting.
Originally used more with wedding meal settings, plate chargers are quickly becoming an beautiful way to add glamour, elegance, and shine to a dinner table. Using festive and colourful plate chargers for holidays or other events adds a seasonal flair to an otherwise plain table. Festive plate chargers are also easier to store than a full festive dinnerware set.
Our chargers are made from non-disposable acrylic lacquer, each charger fits a standard size dinner plate. Click here to choose the perfect charger to enhance your table!
Other options to use a charger:
- Single candle or candle grouping tray
- Under a floral centrepiece; adds reflection and elegance
- Tray to support a disposable plate
- Festive serving plate or candy dish
- A tray for nuts and crackers
- Base for small table ornaments or decorations